FARMAFORUM CONGRESS 2020
- 10:00: a 10:40. Official opening.
- 10:40 a 11:20. Evolution of the pharmaceutical market – Miguel Martínez Jorge, senior director offering, data supply and client services IQVIA Spain.
- 11:20 a 11:50. COFFEE BREAK
- 12:00 a 13:15. Round table on sterile zone operations.12:00 a 13:15. Moderator: Eduardo Sanz, Pharmaplan, partner/founder of Farmaforum Formación and director of the Farmaforum congress.
- Alfred Teres, advisory director Aseptic Mind and president of ISPE Spain.
- Pere Joaquín Colilles, quality director & qualified person Labiana Pharmaceuticals.
- Jordi Sumoy, SME in GMP and Conceptuales Klinea Ingeniería.
- Aser Alonso, general manager Novartis, Barcelona Aseptics (Alcon Cusi).
- 13:15 a 14:30. Pharma strategic hand book – Eduardo Sanz, CEO Pharmaplan, partner/founder Farmaforum Formación and congress director of Farmaforum.
- 16:00 a 16:30. Speech ISPE Spain. Cost reduction, a weapon to stay in the pharmaceutical market. Juan Medina, Operations Division manager, Toivoa Pharma.
- 16:30 a 17:00. Biosimilars searching the proper model – Alfonso Camba, general manager Mundipharma Biologics.
- 17:00 a 18:15. Round Table. Advanced therapies and the change of paradigm in the pharmaceutical sector. Moderator: Andrea Romero, quality manager Imereti.
- Dr. Mariano García Arranz, researcher at the New Therapies Laboratory. Fundación Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria Fundación Jiménez Díaz.
- Sol Ruíz Antúnez, division of biological products, advanced therapies and biotechnology. Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products.
- Dolores Pérez Méndez, technician and consultant in advanced therapies, SERMES CRO.
- Margarida Palla García, medical manager. cell therapy, oncology. Gilead Madrid.
Research around the field of advanced therapies is growing exponentially worldwide. Spain is one of the leading countries in research and development in the field of cell therapy. However, to date there are only 10 advanced therapies approved by the European Commission, and of these, four have been withdrawn from the market, due to the high costs involved in their production and the entire quality framework that encompasses them, since they are based on novel techniques and have a very high cost. Finally, with the arrival of these drugs, a change in the clinical care paradigm is taking place, as the window is opening to the generation of individualized and easily reproducible treatments by qualified personnel within the hospitals themselves. Are we facing a change of paradigm in the sector? Can the same criteria be applied at the regulatory level to these drugs? Are these therapies drugs? Are hospitals and advanced therapy centers a drug factory? How are these therapies financed?
16th April (Alkemi Room)
- 09:45 a 10:30. Quality in International CMOs – Julio C. Arce de la Plaza, corporate director Quality Rovi.
- 10:30 a 11:15. The management of international transport of medicines – Enric Castell, director of Airpharm operations.
- 11:15 a 12:00. The digitalization of the Active Principles trade. A vision or a reality? – Pau Franquet, CEO/founder, Kemiex AG.
- 12:00 a 12:30. COFFEE BREAK.
- 12:30 a 13:00. Speech by Aepimifa.
- 13:00 a 14:30. Round table: Medicinal use of Cannabis. Current status at national and international level. Moderator: Alberto Carazo Fornieles, director of Inntegrapharma.
- Araceli Manjón-Cabeza Olmeda, professor of Criminal Law and director of the extraordinary chair ‘Drugs 21st Century’ at the Complutense University of Madrid, ex-director general of the National Plan on Drugs and judge of the criminal division of the National Court.
- Manuel Guzmán Pastor, doctor in biological sciences, Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in the Faculty of Biological Sciences at the Complutense University of Madrid and member of the Complutense University Institute of Research in Neurochemistry.
- José Antonio de la Puente Martín, CEO at Alcaliber.
- Marcel de Wit, founder and chairman of MariPharmaBV. A forerruner in the of Pharmaceutical Grade Cannabis. (Medical Grade Cannabis). Supplier of 1100 pharmacies in the Netherlands of Medical Grade Cannabis.
- José Luis Parrago, CEO THC Abogados.
The growing interest in the cannabis industry arises from the latest regulatory and legislative changes that decriminalise the use of cannabis for medical purposes in some of the most important countries in the world economy.
All indications are that in the coming years these changes will spread to other countries with the same social and economic profile.
At the table we will see from different points of view the situation in Spain and at the international level at the scientific, legal and industrial level of cannabis for medical use.
En la mesa veremos de distintos puntos de vista la situación en España y a nivel internacional a nivel científico, legal e industrial del cannabis de uso medicinal.